Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-12-2020 12:48 PM
My printer has stopped printing for some unknown reason. I have restarted both it and the computer, and anytime I try to print I hear the ink move for a fraction of a second, and then it chimes like it has printed a full document. It's not the normal full chime, it is slightly shorter if that makes sense. I tried trouble shooting by having it print a demo page which it did just fine. But it still will not print anything from the computer. Help please. this is my place of work
08-15-2020 04:03 AM
@eshannon, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
- Are you using a Win 10 PC?
- Are you using the HP Smart app to print?
- Try making a standalone copy and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issue
Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix printing'.
If the issue persists, clean reinstall Pre-installed HP drivers
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
- Select your HP Printer
- Select Uninstall
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
- In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
- Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)
- Click on the “Drivers” tab
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
- Select Ok
- Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
- Close Devices and Printers, restart the computer.
Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver (Win 10)
Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.
Open the document you want to print > File > Print.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community