Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy printer 7800
Other

Purchased printer almost 6 months ago. Started printing wet undesirable pictures in September, wasting up my ink. Tried reading up on it to find the cause of the problem. Wasn't sure what to do so I emailed hp. Received an email confirming mine was received, nothing more. Called hp today. Spoke at length with Charles, troubleshooter. Did 6 cartilage cleaning and made 2 attempts at aligning. In the end Charles stated he would put in an order for black ink cartridge replacement. My quandry now is until that ink arrives and another troubleshoot attempt is made when it does, my printer is out of commission.

All that ink wasted with various attempts to print pics prior to my email to hp, not to mention the cartridge cleaning attempts done today which further used up my ink supply and paper as well, on equipment that is barely six months old and not used on a regular basis, so it's practically new and still under warranty -  I need hp to do more than replace the black ink cartridge ...  I need hp to replace the entire machine or refund my money. Why should I suffer this much inconvenience for supporting hp? Am I alone out here?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

You are not alone.  HP should cover your machine if its under warranty but they do need to cover all steps before they reach that point.  If your issue is spending money on OEM items you should try third party cartridges.  Most offer a lifetime warranty along side machine damage reimbursement and cleanings if you get leaking toner or INK in your machine.

And a good part of them do same day delivery so your not stuck waiting for days for a toner or ink  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.