Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Desktop
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello,

I always have problems with my printer whenever I have to reset my cable router.  The error message says the printer cannot connect to web services, the server might be busy or temporarily unavailable try again later.

How do I get it back to printing again?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@fsprint

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 

I came across your post and would like to help. 

I understand that you have an HP printer and when you reset the cable router, there is an error message says that the printer cannot connect to the web services. The server might be busy or temporarily unavailable, try again later. 

To assist you better, I would like to know the exact printer model no? This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

While you respond to that, The following steps should help:

- Print a Network Config Page from the front of the printer. Note the printer's IP address.
- Type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings.
- Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.
- On this screen, you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). You can find the DHCP range of the router using its internal settings page or in its manual. Use the CD that came with your router or type the router's IP address (ends in .1) into a browser.
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is
different, if so, use that)
- Enter your router's IP (on the Network Config Page) for the gateway and first DNS. Leave the second one blank.  <<< The DNS could be your problem.  If this does not work, try Google's DNS 8.8.8.8
- Click 'Apply'.

You may also refer to this HP document for web services related issue.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

HP Officejet 5740 e-All-in-One Printer B9S76A, B9S78A, B9S79A 

This is the model number of my HP Printer you requested.  I am attempting to try the instructions you sent me to see if I can get it back working again.

Flo Saforo

HP Recommended

@fsprint

Thanks for the model no.

Great! Let me know how it goes. 

Cheers! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.