shaun_vai
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Printer won't connect to wifi - incorrect password

HP Recommended
Office Jet Pro 8020
macOS 10.15 Catalina

When I enter my wifi password on the printer itself, it tells me the password is incorrect.  I have an office jet pro 8020. 

1 REPLY 1
Jay_G24
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,918 10,888 797 893
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @shaun_vai

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the  "Wifi Password incorrect" issue. 

Try the suggestions below to resolve the issue-

Step 1-Make sure the passphrase was entered correctly

Re-enter the passphrase. The passphrase must be entered exactly as required by your router or gateway, including any spaces, capital and lower case letters, and special characters.

NOTE: 

You can use another Wi-Fi device, such as a phone or tablet, to connect to your router/gateway and make sure that all of passphrase characters are correct. If the passphrase does not work on another Wi-Fi device, then the passphrase is not correct and does not work. For more information on how you can retrieve your wireless passphrase, see Find Your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password (Windows) or consult your Internet Service Provider.

If the issue persists, try the next step.

Step 2-try updating the printer's firmwareHP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

Also, refer to the document -Connect to a Wireless HP Printer

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation