Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477 PCL6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am based in the UK and all my page size settings, to the best of my knowledge, are set to A4. However, whenever I have to print a PDF from Google Drive I have to change the page setup on the printer screen to A4...how do I change the default to A4 and, while I am at it, to colour ON from colour OFF as I am tired of having to do this everytime.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@OwenP

Welcome to the HP support community.

You can create a custom paper size and set that to default.

Here are the steps:-  Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm not sure that you fully understood my problem (apologies if you did). My issue only lies with the HP printer when I print a pdf file from Google Drive. Printing from my Windows laptop is not a problem as it "knows" I print onto A4 paper.

To reiterate, basically all my print settings appear to be for A4 printing (good) and I can "print" a PDF file to my Google Drive (the print settings still say A4 at this stage). I then attempt to print the saved PDF file using my HP printer which has access to files on my Google Drive. However my HP printer says that the document is no longer A4 and I end up manually changing the settings everytime.

I am just looking for a way to set up a default page setting on my HP printer when I print a file from my Google Drive.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.