Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro M254dw
Linux

Hello,

This is my first time I'm asking a question here 🙂 I'm looking for the right solution for my needs.

I have multiple printers on different locations, all connected to the internet, I would like to be able to send print jobs from my server that is not in the local network as the printer, directly to the printer over the internet (after uploaded a file to the cloud and holds the relevant printing preference) using an API, in other words - send a print job to the printer over WAN. For this I'm assuming that I'll need a solution with an API\SDK (send post request to the printer etc..). I don't have the option to open ports on each location.

Is there something that can fit my needs? an HP feature that allows a server to communicates to printers on different locations?

Thanks

Oren

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.