1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Printing queue is slow - macOS Mojave

HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8720
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hi. I'm hungry. (jk 😜)

I was trying to print a web page while watching the printing queue and it took forever. 

First it showed a message indicating my laptop was "looking for my printer". Next message showed it was "printing 1 page". Then it repeated the first message "looking for printer".  Finally after about 5 minutes it said "printing page 1, 100% complete". 

The interesting part is that after the last message it took another 2-3 minutes to print my web page. This is definitely a communication problem between my Macbook and the printer. If I print anything locally or a test page then it works just fine.

What I've done already? From my Macbook I upgraded the drivers and firmware, removed web services and enabled it again, verified my network settings were correct such as IPv4 and DNS server, pinged both addresses, etc., printed the target web page from my Windows PC successfully after some troubleshooting the Web Services feature (indicated no internet connection nor was HP Connected - fixed this on both macbook and PC to match). 

Any ideas or suggestions on the queuing issue?

3 REPLIES 3
TEJ1602
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,747 18,724 1,538 1,512
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Steak_Samm-ich, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue. Let us try to isolate the issue further-

Which browser are you using to print the web page?

Have you tried using a different browser?

What happens when you print regular documents?

Check the print driver settings

Check the print driver settings. Selecting certain paper types or printing in Best or Maximum DPI quality can slow print speeds. Print with plain paper in Normal or Draft quality for faster print speeds.

1. On your Mac, open the photo or document you want to print.

2. Open the photo or document you want to print, click File, and then click Print. For the Photos app, click the Print button at the bottom of the window.

The print settings window opens.

3. Make sure your printer is selected.

4. If you do not see options on the Print dialog box, click Show Details.

5. Click the unnamed menu at the center of the window, click Paper Type/Quality or Media & Quality, and then select Normal or Draft from the Quality or Print Quality menu or slider.

Image: Quality options

Try to print.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Steak-Samm-ich
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi. After reinstalling my printer a few times everything worked out. The "print queuing" issue was the same on the last reinstall where it took several minutes to print any web page. I tried using different browsers - Chrome and FF. I typically keep my DPI settings at 300 for printing PDF documents.

After the web page printed everything was normal again. 

Thanks for the response!

0 Kudos
TEJ1602
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,747 18,724 1,538 1,512
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Steak-Samm-ich

That's great! Happy to hear that.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation