Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp officejet 250

Hi all.

I have a Samsung S4 mini and I'm trying to connect via wife direct to my hp officejet 250 I have just bought.

Whilst the phone seems to pick up the printer and the printer picks up the phone or rather says mobile device when told to print it just won't happen...

Have tried downloading different apps but no joy and it's rather frustrating because the printer is a lovely bit of kit.

Help to get this working would be gladly appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Jason231171

Welcome to HP forums, I see that you are unable to connect your Samsung device to the printer using WiFi Direct.

Connect and print from an Android 5.0 or later smartphone or tablet using Wi-Fi Direct.

1. Confirm the printer is turned on, cartridges are installed, and plain paper is loaded in the main tray.

2. Go to your printer to get the Wi-Fi Direct password.

• Printers with a control panel display: Tap the Wi-Fi Direct icon  or navigate to the Wi-Fi Direct menu.

• Printers with buttons only: Press the Information button to print an information page. Find the Wi-Fi Direct password in the Wi-Fi Direct section of the printed page.

3. Install the latest version of the HP Print Service Plugin from the Google Play Store. Once installed, open the app settings, and then choose your Android device to enable the plugin:

• Android 7 (Nougat) and later devices: The HP Print Service Plugin turns on automatically after installation. Continue with these steps.

• Android 6 (Marshmallow) and earlier devices: Swipe down the home screen to display the notification dashboard, tap HP Inc. service installed, and then tap the switch next to Off to enable the app.

If you updated the app, tap the Settings icon , tap More, More networks, More settings, or NFC and sharing, tapPrinting, tap HP Inc., and then tap On.

4. Open the item you want to print, tap the app menu icon , and then tap Print.

5. On the print preview screen, tap the down arrow to view the printer list, and then select the printer with DIRECT in the name (Example: DIRECT-72-HP Officejet Pro 6970).

6. Go to the printer to confirm the connection if necessary.

• Printers with a control panel display: Tap OK.

7. Wait for the connection to complete (approximately 5-10 seconds or more). When the connection completes, the print preview displays.

8. On the print preview screen, change any print job settings, and then tap the Print icon .

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.