Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-16-2021 06:29 PM
I have the same problem--scan to email used to work with my AOL account but now it doesn't. I've tried re-entering my credentials but the error remains: "Username or password is incorrect. Ensure both user account and password are valid." My printer/scanner is MFP M277dw. Thanks for your help.
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-17-2021 07:35 AM
I'd like to help!
The password for the email address can be edited and updated on the EWS page of the printer, let us try these steps:
Option 1: Use the HP software to set up the Scan to Email feature.
- Open the HP software/printer icon on the desktop screen.
- Under the Scan or Scanner Actions heading, click Scan to Email Wizard.
- When the outgoing email profile window displays, click your email address associated with this profile.
- You will also find an option to delete a previously configured Email address
- Enter an email profile display name. This is the name that will display on the printer control panel for the email profile.
- Enter a security PIN to restrict access to this email profile from the printer control panel, if desired.
- Enter the correct SMTP server and SMTP port information.
- If you typically have to enter a user name and password to log into your email account, you will want to enter this information into the email authentication fields.
- Click Next, and then click Save and Test or Save to complete the email profile configuration.
Alternatively, you can also watch this video to know how to delete and set up an Email address for scanning from HP printers
Option 2: Open the embedded web server
1. Find out the IP address or hostname of the printer by touching (Wireless) or (Ethernet) or by printing a network configuration page.
Note: The printer must be on a network and must have an IP address.
2. In a supported web browser on your computer, type the IP address of the printer. For example, if the IP address is 18.104.22.168
Note: If you get a security message as "your connection is not private", click on Advanced and proceed to this website.
Step 2: On the printer settings page, go to Scan > scan to email > Select your email address > Edit > Authenticate > Email login authentication > Input new password > Next > Save and Test
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
And, Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping
03-19-2021 08:54 AM
The problem was on the AOL side. The typical password that you use to check email no longer works for the scanner. You must create an "app password" for AOL. Do this in the AOL account settings. This will generate a unique, dedicated password to use with the scanner. The username is the same as you use for email.