Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
04-25-2022 06:54 AM
My internet provider sent me a new router and I can’t get my deskjet to connect. The wireless indicator keeps flashing. Is there a way to reset the printer? I have tried the steps in the app to no avail.
04-28-2022 02:52 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Is your router dual-band enabled i.e., both 2.4GHz and 5GHz? If yes, make sure the dual band has different SSIDs for 2.4G and 5G networks.
- What is the distance between the router and the printer?
This printer supports WPA encryption, check if the router is on the same encryption method. If using WEP or WPA-PSK+FT change it to WPA-PSK
- Use the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button on your router to connect the printer to your Wi-Fi network.
- Place the printer near the Wi-Fi router.
- Put the printer in WPS connection mode.
- Most printers without a touchscreen control panel: Press and hold the Wireless button for five seconds or until the wireless light starts to flash.
- HP Deskjet 6000 and 6400, ENVY 6000 and 6400, and Tango printers: Press and hold the Wi-Fi button and the Power button on the back of the printer for five seconds until the blue bar flashes.
- Within two minutes, press and hold the WPS button on the router until the connection process begins.
- Wait for the Wireless light or bar on the printer to stop flashing. The printer is now connected to the network.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community