Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro M203dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

EWS is showing up for my HP LaserJet Pro M203dw but after selecting HP Web Services, or other Tabs,  I am asked for a USER and Password.

How can I reset the USER and PASSWORD?

Thanks.

Uwe Bartsch 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@UWE1956

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

I Understand you need to reset Administrator Password for your HP Laserjet Pro M203dw,

And to help you out, I'm sending out a Private message with the reset instructions,

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile 

Next, to your Profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage 

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

(The reason we are utilizing the private message is that the instructions are critical,

And we don't want it in the wrong hands, as the printer will be set back to factory defaults).

Keep me posted,

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi! I am having the same issue with an HP Laserjet M203dw. Can you please send me instructions on how to reset the admin password?

Thanks!

Luis

HP Recommended

Hello, I am also having the same issue with my HP Laserjet M203dw. Can you please send me instructions on how to reset the admin password?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I tried it three time until the password was reset.

Thanks, for your help.

Uwe

HP Recommended

I recently moved and am staying with my Sister. I am on her WiFi network now, as oppossed to being on my origanal network that I set my m203dw up on. I can not connect my HP 203 to my Mac Air or my Iphone any longer. On the WiFi dropdown I see a 'DIRECT-26-HP M203 Laserjet' but can't connect because it is password protected. I'm guessing that I also need to change the Admin password, etc.... Can you help me out or do you have any idea why I can no longer print wirelessly on my Pro M203dw from my Mac or Iphone like I could before I moved?

HP Recommended

Hi I am have a problem with the password on my access to the M203dw. I printed out the Network summary and under "WiFi Direct Setup"

Wi-Fi Direct Name (SSID) DIRECT-01-HP M203 LaserJet

Connection Method: Manual

W-Fi Direct Password: 1410******* 

WiFi Direct Chanel: 11

Connected Clients:0

IP Address 192.168.223.1 

I cant access without the password and the one above is not being accepted.

Need Help also getting passkey

HP Recommended

My System is Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.