Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 5200 series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to reset my password from the factory password to a password of my choice. I cannot find that option on my home screen. If someone could give me some direction as to how to do that I would appreciate the help. I have HP OfficeJet 5255 printer. Thank you for any direction you all can provide.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Lightseeker

Welcome to HP forums, I see that you are unable to reset the password.

Which password are you trying to reset, EWS or printer admin password?

Could you share a screenshot of the page where you are trying to reset?

Reply with the requested information for more assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@TeamRandall2018,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Are you referring to the same printer model? Is it OfficeJet 5200 printer. 

If so, this looks like an issue with EWS password and for this issue. Let's try to restore the printer to the network defaults and check if that helps. 

In order to restore the printer to the original network settings: 

1. From the Home screen, touch (Wireless) and then touch ( Settings ).

2. Touch Restore Network Settings, and then follow the onscreen instructions.

3. Print the network configuration page and verify that the network settings have been reset.

Once done, run the wireless setup wizard to connect the printer to the network.

1. On the printer control panel display, from the Home screen, touch ( Wireless ).

2. Touch ( Settings ).

3. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard or Wi-Fi Protected Setup.

4. Follow the display instructions to complete the setup.

Now try to access the EWS Page and check if that works. 

If the issue persists, the next step would be to perform an advanced reset on the printer. 

I am going to send you a private message with the instructions on how to perform an advanced reset. Now these steps are specific to your printer only. 

Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.