Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2600 All-In-One Printer
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Hi,

I am not the first asking for help on SSID change but all other answers were for different printers and different cases. My issue is my ISP gave me a new modem which mean a new SSID.

Square 1:  
- my HP Deskjet 2620 is still connected to the old SSID.
- I can’t find how to disconnect from the old one and reconnect it to my new SSID.

Sqaure 2:

- Been told to install and run HP Easy Start but...
- HP Easy Start can not connect to the printer because it runs on my Macbook which is on the new SSID while the printer is still "connected" to the old SSID.

- Back to Square 1.

Please help. Thanks in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Reset the network settings of your printer by pressing and holding both the wifi and cancel buttons for 3 seconds till the power light blinks.

Next power off the printer and turn it back on.

Ensure the blue wifi light blinks, if it is off press the wifi button and it should start blinking.

Next follow HP Easy Start below to reconfigure the printer for your new wireless network:
HP Easy Start - Software and Drivers
ailable.

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

your link didn't help me at all.  It copies to my files and doesn't open and so now I have removed the old SSDI with  your instructions about pressing cancel and wifi.  But I cannot get any further.  At least I could have gone back to the hotspot on my phone to get the printer to work, now I have NO printer that functions AT ALL.

HP Recommended

I had the same issue. The only way I was able to fix it was to connect directly with a usb cable (which is a shame considering, if you don't have one laying around, you'll have to buy one, because the printer, or at least mine, didn't come with one). From there, I ran a setup to connect and manually setup the wireless connection from my computer screen. Hope this helps. HP should really consider an easier setup method for changing networks, because a re-connection should be just as simple as connecting it the first time.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.