Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RomanSantiago
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Self turning on laptop (Omen 15)?

HP Recommended

Hey, my laptop turns on around 11PM - 2AM by itself every night and if the charger is plugged in, never turns back off. If i open the lid the sceen is black, keyboard red and the laptop is not responding to anything, except turning it off by holding down the power button for few seconds. If I unplug the charger before it turns on, the laptop will turn on but only for rougly 10 seconds and turns back off

It happens only if I will just close the lid or sleep the computer in Windows, when I shut it down in Windows it's ok and it does not turn on.

When i try to sleep it in Linux (I have dualboot) it's ok and it doesn't turn on.

I tried like 1000 virus scans and everything, but i didn't reinstall the Windows, it's the last case scenario for me. Thanks

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation