Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Office Jet Pro 8710
Other

I print from my phone to the printer and every time there is an email notice sent. I want to do away with this as I do not need to know I printed anything.

I tried to go through the printer directly using the internal ip, which has a ton of information but nothing to control this behavior.

I also went to the HP Connect as suggested in the email notice I receive that indicates this can be turned off. That has no value either as the information only allows me to change my name and user information.

Nowhere do I find how to stop these annoying emails notices.

At one point I emailed HP but that was also useless.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@DBullock Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to stop the email notifications.

Please let us know if you are using ePrint.

If yes, Open HP Connected Account > You will see printer icon > Below printer icon, you will have an option to click on Settings > Click on Access > Then Turn off ePrint Notifications.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

If you see my original post you will see I did say that option does not exist.

HP Recommended

@DBullock 

Are you using the HP Smart App or ePrint to print from your phone?

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Not sure what those labels refer to but on my phone I can AirPrint or I can send an email to an HP email (associated to my printer) that will print the document.

This is where the issue is because every time I email to print using the hpEmail I set up that is attached to the printer, I get a notice that I printed something - I could care less about that and want to stop those verification emails.

I use the email to print documents when I am away from home so the document is ready for me when I get home.

The HP Smart App does not recognize the printer to print although the printer name shows up.

HP Recommended

@DBullock 

Thank you for the update.

Go to http://www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter and login.

Then click on the ePrint Settings. Click on the Allowed Senders Only option.

Under the list of allowed email address, there is a column on Email Job Status.

Uncheck the option and Click on the Save button.

This will turn off email notification.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.