cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TMcP
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

The printer keeps going offline even after being used only minutes ago.

HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8720

The never ending offline saga....I'm about to throw this printer out the window!!

I (after another 10 minutes) get printer online by deleting all scheduled jobs, running troubleshooter which shows no issues, print a test page and then it works again for maybe 5 minutes. I go to print again 5 minutes later and its offline again!!

Both laptop and printer are connected to same wifi network

HELP

1 REPLY 1
praveen196
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,488 10,491 472 748
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@TMcP Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are unable to print from your HP Printer as it keeps going offline.

This issue could occur if the pause printer or “use printer offline” option is checked in the printer driver settings.

Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.

And here are a few steps listed below:

1. Turn the printer off and on, and then make sure it is in a ready state.

2. Search Windows for devices, and then click Devices and Printers in the list of results.

3. Find the icon for the printer you originally installed.

4. Right-click the icon for the default printer, and then select See what's printing. The print queue window opens.

5. Click Printer. If a checkmark displays next to Pause Printing and Use Printer Offline, click each item to remove the checkmark. Try to print.

Also, I suggest that you follow the steps in the link: Printer is Offline (Windows)

If the issue persists, then I suggest that you install the windows built in drivers by following the link: Windows Built-in Print Driver

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation