Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 6234
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I've been trying to set up WiFi Direct. I did manage to enter the WPS PIN Once. PC said successful but would not print.

I tried to go through the process again but now "Add Printer" does not bring up "Show Direct Printers"

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer, cleared cookies, restarted PC and printer until I'm blue in the face.

Been at this for 4 days.

Are there real people in HP anywhere please?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

For WiFI direct you do not use WPS.

From your PC connect to the WiFi named DIRECT"printer name" then you will be on the Printers WiFi network.

Add the printer and print away.

From there you can put 192.168.223.1 in to your browser URL and configure the printer.

HP Recommended

Thank you.

A HP Employee bod sent me a document yesterday which tells me to use this WPS.

Windows 10, Add Printer, click "Show Direct Printer" Select "DIRECT Printer name" - the WPS PIN window pops up, 90 seconds to enter it, had to have 3 tries, finally did get it in. PC states successful - print failed.

Tried to go through the process again but now lost "From your PC connect to the WiFi named DIRECT"printer name" - I do not see this "DIRECT" 

How do I get that back to enter the IP address you quote below please?

Thanks

HP Recommended

He probably knows better then me.

Click on his name and message him.

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.