4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Unable to print from Windows Server 2008 R2 by using HP Officjet Pro 8710

HP Recommended
HP Officjet Pro 8710
Microsoft Windows Server 2008

Hi,

I have installed the PCL5 Universal Driver and configured it throught local port as the Windows Server 2008 doesnt haver any suitable drivers.

But I se the error message in the box that shows the queued documents:

Status:  Error - Printing.  If I turn the printer off and then back on, it will print.

Kindly Please advise to resolve this issue.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
jabzi
Level 13
Level 13
6,419 6,393 514 1,124
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Click HERE to check if the document help in getting the printer to print or you may also try the below steps..

Go through the Add New Printer process via the Devices and Printers window.

Click on "my printer wasn't listend" then opted to manually set up a printer. Create a new local port and just called it the name of the printer. It then prompted for drivers. I chose Have Disk and then navigated to the folder where I had extracted the printer drivers. Selected this folder and the drivers installed.

This gets the drivers installed in the system. Windows should then automatically recognize/install the printer if it's plugged in.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
arun2833
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I install the new Officejetpro 8710, she works fine in local.

When I try to print over RDP nothing is printing, BUT

1. I see the job sent to the print queue on the remote computer on port TS002

2. I see the job arriving to the print queue on the local computer on port CN68HG329Y

3. I see the status "printing..."

4. I see the job disappear from the two print queues (rdp and local) as if all is Ok

BUT nothing is printing on the printer!!!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation