Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet M28w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear sirs

I have a computer with windows 10 that is connected through LAN cord to ZTE F670 Router which is connected through WiFi to HP LaserJet M28w. Unfortunately the computer doesn’t see the printer no matter how many times I reinstall drivers or follow WiFi installation procedure. Previously computer worked well with printer when they both were connected through WiFi, as well when I attached them with USB cable. I found no advice in Hp help for this issue.Can you please help how should I connect the printer to my computer in my configuration?

Regards,

Alexey

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

So, yesterday finally ISP contacted me and installed a new firmware on router (version 21). Tihs solved the provlem.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Buldozer

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Is the Router using 5 Ghz or 2.4 Ghz? Please Note that the printer can only connect to 2.4 GHz and that might be the reason your computer which is connected to 5 GHz doesn't see the printer

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

The computer is connected to router via Lan cord and then router is connected to printer via 2,4 GhZ wifi. The router is ZTE F670, I read that it has problems to connect to Wifi devices from the computer connected via Lan cord . My current version of ZTE F670 firmwire V1.1.10P3T14. I read that V1.1.10P3T18 probably solves the problem, but firmwire in router can be changed only by my internet provider - MGTS (Moscow City Telephone Network) but their technicans do not bother to do anything so I cannot confirm this. 

HP Recommended

@Buldozer

Thanks for keeping me posted

Unfortunately the Firmware update can only be released by the ISP

Drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

So, yesterday finally ISP contacted me and installed a new firmware on router (version 21). Tihs solved the provlem.

HP Recommended

I'm glad you got this sorted out

Drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.