Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi guys, I own house officejet 4630 which had been working fine until today.  I updated hp smart app in Google play store.  On opening the app it is no longer connected to my printer and attempts to reinstall not working since the printer model does not come up.  I have also afternoon to log into my hp connect account but the login page is blank.  Any advice about sorting this out welcome, since I am only able to access my printer using mobile devices. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Kitandcaboodle

Welcome to HP support community.

Update the printer firmware

Here are the steps:- Click here

Update your phone Android OS

1. Make sure your device is connected to Wi-Fi.
  2. Open Settings.
  3. Select About Phone.
  4. Tap Check for Updates. If an update is available, an Update button will appear. Tap it.
  5. Install. Depending on the OS, you'll see Install Now, Reboot and install, or Install System Software. Tap it.

If the issue still persists, try the steps mentioned  under "What if my printer is not found during setup?" under FAQs in this HP document:- Click here

I hope that helps.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you

HP Recommended

Is the issue resolved?

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.