cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kitandcaboodle
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Updated hpsmart app in Google play store and now suddenly my printer is no longer connected nor can

HP Recommended

Hi guys, I own house officejet 4630 which had been working fine until today.  I updated hp smart app in Google play store.  On opening the app it is no longer connected to my printer and attempts to reinstall not working since the printer model does not come up.  I have also afternoon to log into my hp connect account but the login page is blank.  Any advice about sorting this out welcome, since I am only able to access my printer using mobile devices. 

3 REPLIES 3
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
26,745 26,618 1,465 1,535
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Kitandcaboodle

Welcome to HP support community.

Update the printer firmware

Here are the steps:- Click here

Update your phone Android OS

1. Make sure your device is connected to Wi-Fi.
  2. Open Settings.
  3. Select About Phone.
  4. Tap Check for Updates. If an update is available, an Update button will appear. Tap it.
  5. Install. Depending on the OS, you'll see Install Now, Reboot and install, or Install System Software. Tap it.

If the issue still persists, try the steps mentioned  under "What if my printer is not found during setup?" under FAQs in this HP document:- Click here

I hope that helps.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Kitandcaboodle
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you

0 Kudos
Betty0610
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16,155 16,137 864 705
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is the issue resolved?

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation