Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Please - I don't want to do a reset -  I just need to know what password the EWS is looking for.  HP login and password? my email login and password -  if it is the printer password, then what is my login name?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

HP printers do not come with any administrator password by default.

If you set a such, the user name would be admin (all lower case) along with your selected password, try any combination of admin with a password you may select, if you cannot find what password was set a printer reset is the only option to remove it.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@chris951

Welcome to HP Forums,

Let's get straight to it!

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: Click here for steps on finding the information we need! & include the OS in use as well.

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

It would help if you could include the image of the screen asking you for a password, to determine exactly what you need.

Please help me, help you.

Keep me posted,

Good luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

HP printers do not come with any administrator password by default.

If you set a such, the user name would be admin (all lower case) along with your selected password, try any combination of admin with a password you may select, if you cannot find what password was set a printer reset is the only option to remove it.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks Riddle-Decipher for your reply.  I think I solved the problem of the password by looking in a different file.    Chris

HP Recommended

Thanks, Shlomi,  I found it in a different file than I was looking in.  Chris

HP Recommended

I have an HP 4630 and cannot remember  y username and password in EWS.  How do I reset it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.