Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp enjoy 5020 printer
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have used my first repalcemenr cartridge form Hp instant ink [edit] and it has printed 3 pages and then told me that the cartridge cannot be used until the printer is enrolled in HP instant ink. I am enrolled as I have received emails and replacement cartridges

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@GillM1,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I see from your post that you are having concern with your HP Instant ink program. No worries, I'll be glad to assist you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you made any changes on the printer before the issue started?

Have you checked if the printer is powered on and its connected to your home WiFi network?

Let’s start by performing a network power drain. Follow the steps below:

Turn off all the devices connected on your network including the PC, Smartphones, printer, modem (if present) and router. Make sure all the devices in the network are turned off / unplugged.

Wait for 2-3 minutes.

Now turn on the modem if present. Wait till all the lights are steady and idle.

Then turn on the router. Again wait for a couple of minutes so that the lights are all steady.

Then turn on the PC and other devices.

If the printer is online and if it's enrolled, then I would suggest here is to update the printer.

In order to update the printer, On the printer control panel - Setup - Printer Maintenance - Update the printer.

Once done, restart the printer and then check.

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to login to your HP Instant ink account page and on the top left click on the Notification Icon.

Here it will tell what is the possible cause and what steps needs to be taken in order to fix the issue.

If you are still having the same issue, I would need to know few details regarding your Instant ink account to help you with this issue.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.