Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need to install your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Samsung S8

I have an S8 running PIE that just updated last week. When viewing web pages I used to be able to  "share", choose the printer icon, and then choose PDF but now it just spins saying "preparing preview" and never gets there. What broke? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Whidbeygal

Try clearing the Android OS Print Spooler Cache and check if that helps

1. On your Android device, tap Settings , and then select Apps or Applications.
  2. Select Show System Apps.
  3. Scroll down the list, and then select Print Spooler. ...
  4. Select Clear Data.

Are you facing this issue only with PDF files Format?

Ensure you have the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader updates and printer Firmware update

You can refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168 for Firmware update

Try printing again and let me know how it goes 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Whidbeygal

Try clearing the Android OS Print Spooler Cache and check if that helps

1. On your Android device, tap Settings , and then select Apps or Applications.
  2. Select Show System Apps.
  3. Scroll down the list, and then select Print Spooler. ...
  4. Select Clear Data.

Are you facing this issue only with PDF files Format?

Ensure you have the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader updates and printer Firmware update

You can refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168 for Firmware update

Try printing again and let me know how it goes 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Clearing the print spooler data worked!  Thanks so much for your help! 

HP Recommended

@Whidbeygal

I'm glad you got this issue sorted out

Do visit our HP Support Community and drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.