Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Business Inkjet 2800
Android 9.0 Pie

So I've recently taken delivery of an HP Business Inkjet 2800 and managed to get it set up correctly in Windows 10 using the HP Universal Print Driver PostScript. 

I'm having no luck with Android, however. The HP Print Service plugin detects both my HP printers, a Color Laserjet 5500hdn and the Business Inkjet 2800, but it cannot print to the Business Inkjet 2800, which immediately returns "Printing Unsuccessful" when I try to print via the HP Print Service plugin. The HP Smart app also doesn't work with the Business Inkjet 2800. I've tried removing and reinstalling both applications. Nothing seems to work.

So, there's no technical reason why the Android Print Service plugin cannot detect and address the device in the same manner as the Universal Print Driver for Windows, but clearly it's not doing so as printing from Android doesn't work and printing from Windows does. What's the hope of a new version of the Android Print Service plugin with support for older, networked HP printers like the Business Inkjet 2800? Printing from Android is something I'd very much like to get working for photographs and the occasional document. I don't understand why it's not working with the HP Business Inkjet 2800. 

If it makes any difference, I'm running Android 11 on a Sony Xperia 5 ii. I'm fairly confident that the problem has nothing to do with the Android version, as the HP Print Service plugin works with my Color Laserjet 5500hdn and fails with my Business Inkjet 2800, but I mention it for completeness.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.