Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 7155
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Envy 7155 and it's completely updated, and I've unplugged it and plugged it in and reset it.   Every time I try and turn on bluetooth it say's bluetooth turning on and stays on that screen till I just shut it down.   Is there a reason for this?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@StupidPrinter3 The screen should ideally not get stuck on that screen, perhaps, you could perform a hard reset and check if that helps:

Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

1. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  2. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  3. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  4. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  5. NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
  6. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  7. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  8. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Also, try connecting the Printer to a different wall outlet directly to check if that works better.

Meanwhile, I must let you know that the printer does not support printing over Bluetooth, instead here's what its for (just additional information, if need be) :-

Bluetooth Smart, also called Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), is a feature on some HP printers for enabling faster, more reliable printer setups. The HP Smart app for AndroidApple iOSWindows 10, and macOS uses Bluetooth Smart to discover the printer during the setup process.

Bluetooth Smart does not enable Bluetooth printing. Traditional Bluetooth device pairing is a different technology. Go to Bluetooth Guide for HP Printers for more information on Bluetooth printing and a list of compatible printers.

We recommend connecting the printer over a working Wireless (wifi) connection to begin printing.

(BT smart is used by Hp Smart app to connect the devices only)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This doesn’t answer the question. 

I just bought the printer for my daughter. we went through the setup process. All was fine. Updated the firmware and all was fine. 

went back in to turn Bluetooth back on, it was on before the current update, and it just sits on that screen until the printer is rebooted. 

simply put, this is not intended functionality and it needs to be fixed and addressed. Please let us know if we should open a support request. Please actually read our messages before copying and pasting a canned response. There’s no excuse for multiple of these issues just being ignored. 

HP Recommended

@andsoitgoes42 It's human to err, that said, I've made my amends by editing the post, please go through it again for a solution, that said, here's a few other things I'll need to know, could you tell me which device is it that you are attempting to connect the printer to? via bluetooth? as the bluetooth on the HP Envy 7155 is only used for connection and nothing else.

Keep me posted.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for updating the post, but that doesn’t help. 

when I go onto the printer to enable the Bluetooth setting, it hangs at that screen. No troubleshooting has solved it. 

and the reason I’m frustrated is when I searched, I found multiple replies with the same canned response, it’s clear there was no real attention paid to the issue that we are having. 

this is a feature used between the printer and the smart apps to communicate. That’s what we want to be able to do. 

Before I updated the firmware it was toggled on, and working just fine. 

it’s not even so much that I need to use the feature, I want to but on top of that, there’s an icon showing it’s disabled that is quite unnecessarily distracting. 

Either way, enabling it should not hang up the printer and force it to do a full reboot. 

HP Recommended

@andsoitgoes42 You are right, if it had been working prior to the firmware upgrade, it could be a corrupt firmware and resetting the printer to factory default is the only way out of it,

To confirm you have the same HP envy 7155 as the OP? because the reset steps are specific to the printer.

Keep me posted.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.