Did you mean: 
BobZ5
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

WiFi Printing Problem on Officejet Pro 8600

HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8600

My printer is connected to my Deco Wifi but (only recently) none of my Apple or Android phones, tablets or laptops can "find" the printer and print to it unless the phone, tablet or laptop is situated within 10 feet of the printer. Any help on diagnosing and fixing this would be appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
KrazyToad
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,059 21,046 1,279 1,307
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BobZ5

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Please assign a Manual IP Address and check if that helps

1) Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address.
2) Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
3) Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.
4) Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
5) Click Manual IP
6) If you see a Suggest a Manual IP Address button, click Manual IP address, and the Manual IP addresses are automatically filled out for you.
7) If your page does not have a button to suggest a manual IP address, type the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway using the numbers shown in the report you printed.

Keep me posted

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
BobZ5
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response and suggestion. AS it turned out, 2 of my 3 mesh WiFi satellites had disconnected from the network causing my distant printing problem.  All resolved!

0 Kudos
Jay_G24
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,064 11,034 813 911
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am glad the issue is resolved. If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day ahead!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation