Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HPdeskjet 2620
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I do have WiFi but I cannot get my HP desk jet2620 to  connect to the network.  The blue light on printer  indicating WiFi, is blinking.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Lucky701

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Step 1: Wait for the printer to establish a connection

The Wireless light blinks when the printer is attempting to connect to the wireless router or access point. Wait a few minutes, and then check the light again.

• If the Wireless light is on and steady, the printer is connected and you can stop troubleshooting.

• If the Wireless light is still blinking, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Check for issues with the wireless network

The following factors can cause the printer to lose the wireless connection:

• The network connection is no longer active, or has low signal strength.

• The printer goes into sleep mode or standby mode.

• The printer is either too far away from the wireless router, or too close to it. The recommended distance between the printer and the router is 1.0 meter to 1.5 meters (3 ft to 5 ft).

• A firewall prevents the printer from accessing the computer and wireless network.

• A nearby device that emits radio signals (such as a microwave or cordless telephone) might interfere with the wireless connection.

• A virtual private network (VPN) prevents the printer from accessing the computer and wireless network.

Check the Wireless light after correcting any items on the list.

• If the Wireless light is on and steady, the printer is connected and you can stop troubleshooting.

• If the Wireless light is still blinking, continue to the next step.

Step 3: Connect the printer to your network

For more information about connecting the printer to the wireless network by installing the printer software, see Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.