Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 5660
iOS

We can print emails etc. but my wife can not print recipes from the Pinterest app on her IPAD. the printer spits out a blank page. Supposedly we should be able to print from apps on the IPAD.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

We did try to go to Pinterest directly through Safari (not using App). The only option given to print was the print button under the article. The share pull down menu only gave a copy link, download image and report pin options.  The print button gave the same blank page output as before.

The screen shot workaround will work. 

Thank you you both for your responses.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Kentski

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP ENVY 5660 e-All-in-One Printer and you're unable to print recipes from the Pinterest app from an iPad. The printer pushes a blank page out. However, emails will print fine. Fabulous analysis. Spectacular diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Is the printer able to print other documents from the iPad?
  • What is the Mac OS version on the iPad?
  • Do you get any error messages while trying to print from the Pinterest app?

If the issue still persists then please reset the printing system on your iPad.

Hope this information helps to fix the issue. Let me know. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi Kati,

yes, we can print other documents. She even printed a recipe from another site (Jenny Jones) with no problem. 

ipad version 10.2.1. We did get an error once saying paper tray was empty...it was not. Tried again after checking tray and from then on just got a blank sheet from that site.  Did notice that after selecting the printer and hitting print thr preview page was empty...probably why the sheet is empty!

HP Recommended

Hi,

One way around this would be to open pintrest in Safari and use the print option in Safari to print the recipie. It's not ideal but it should work.

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Another workaround would be to take a screenshot of the recipe in the pinterest app and then print it as a photo. You can take a screenshot on an iPad or iPhone by simultaneously holding down the power button and the home button and then releasing. The screen should flash white briefly indicating that the picture was taken. You can then navigate to the photos app and print your screenshot.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

We did try to go to Pinterest directly through Safari (not using App). The only option given to print was the print button under the article. The share pull down menu only gave a copy link, download image and report pin options.  The print button gave the same blank page output as before.

The screen shot workaround will work. 

Thank you you both for your responses.

HP Recommended

I occasionally have the same problem with my Officejet 4630 AIO. Can print from other apps but not from Pinterest even when opening in Safari. You may just need to reboot your iPad. Turn it off for a minute, then try again. Worked for me.

HP Recommended

Is Pinterest working on a solution to be able to print from their app?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.