Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envv 5547 Imprimante
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello
After the new version of Windows 10 Enterprise 64bits the driver taken on your site no longer offers me to print in color. no options in the properties tab. I changed the type of printer by (HPC899C2 (HP ENVY 5540 series). And it's all ok.
What for?

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@G3D,

Thank you for reaching HP Community. I would be happy to help!

Need not to worry I'll make sure everything is working fine with the printer.

This could be a driver issue.

Please try to make a copy in color and check if it works.

If the copy is working fine, please follow the below solution.

I recommend you delete the driver at the root level and Install the drivers, follow the steps below:

Remove the USB if connected

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2.) Select your HP Printer 

3.) Select Uninstall 

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose `Delete' or `Remove Device' 

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo. 

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between "printui.exe" and "/s") 

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab 

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

Then, Click on this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-5540-all-in-one-printer-series/5447939/mode...

Try to print.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hello
my printer is connected to wifi. Ip is good I can open the web page. I uninstalled the driver and then restart my computer and then installed again the driver taken on your site: still no color. I even installed a copy without effect. I installed this driver in a VM with Windows 10 still no color. As I said if I install the driver (HPC899C2 (HP ENVY 5540 series) on any computer the color appears in the print settings and this since the Windows 10 company version (2004) last updated.

Why?

HP Recommended

@G3D

Which driver is working correctly on the computer?

Meanwhile, I recommend you add the printer using the printer IP address and check if it helps.

Here is how it is done.

1. Select “Start” and type “printers” in the search box.

2. Choose “Printers & scanners“.

3. Select “Add a printer or scanner“.

4. Wait for the “The printer that I want isn’t listed” option to appear, then select it.

5. Select “Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname”, then select “Next“.

6. Select “TCP/IP Device” in the “Device type” list.

7. Type the hostname or the IP address of the printer. Select “Next“. To find the IP address of the printer, touch the Wi-Fi icon on the printer's control panel. 

8. Windows should find the printer if the printer is on and configured correctly. You may have to specify more information. If prompted, select the type of network adapter installed in the printer in the “Device Type” drop-down list. You can also click “Custom” to specify custom settings for the network printer. Select “Next“

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello
I do see in your answer to the problem. This procedure describes me otherwise I could not have done the installation on my wife's Pc and on my VM. I would like to give you another information to add to the folder I am a computer engineer for almost 40 years, as such I allow myself to tell you simply that the driver present on your site for the HP envv 5540 presents a malfunction with the new version of Windows 10 (Version 2004). I managed to download the pilot version (HPC899C2 (HP ENVY 5540 series) which gives full satisfaction with a white print and color. Now I feel like I am not understood by you.

HP Recommended

@G3D

I am really sorry for the misunderstanding.

I have got this information passed on to the concerned team and get this rectified. 

It is a privilege to work with tech-savvy and technically competent customers like you. It is a genuine pleasure to share this platform with you. 

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Small precision I looked in the registry if there was a difference between the two drivers there is none. I installed the drivers on the PC of my user HP Envv 5547 no color option. Its configuration of Windows 10 Enterprise PC (2004) in English version. It is therefore independent of the language of Windows 10 and its version (Company) on the other hand it follows well the 2004 version of Windows 10. Do we have a return of your teams?
Thank you for keeping me up to date.

HP Recommended

@G3D

I will keep you posted once I get an update.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good morning

Still no news of the support? I thought software support was more responsive than that

HP Recommended

@G3D

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.