Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Good morning
Why communicate by private message knowing that this problem concerns the community? I do not understand that. My profile is known since I created it for this problem.

Jean Bezet

HP Recommended

Good morning
I just received an email from HP support inviting me to contact HP support. I do not understand this approach I will say again what happened . And yet I have made myself clear. So I'm going back.
Following the switch from my PC (windows 10 Company) to the 2004 version the driver of my printer no longer gave me the option to print in color. So I uninstalled the driver and then restart my pc. I was looking for my printer (it is condensed into wifi. No windows problems installed its drivers. same observation impression in impossible colors. I did the same operation by taking the drivers on your site. Same observation. I repeated this operation on my wife's pc and then this one of my son. Same observation the color option absent in all cases. Ditto when I install this printer dasn a virtual machien (under WMvare worstation) I installed the driver (HPC899C2 (HP ENVY 5540 series). And everything's fine with all the machines. I looked at the version of the driver installed in both cases it's the same and same file. Only the file differs from the options. A precision anyway I'm software engineer. I understand what is going on but I think the driver taken on your site presents small problems. Can you explain to me and corrected this problem for the whole community.

HP Recommended

@G3D

I have already escalated your case to the concerned team and they will get in touch with you soon.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.