Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet All in One

Recently updated AT&T wifi router.  My printer has worked fine from both laptops and phone.  However, ii has quit working and is not "found"  when devices are searching for printer.  I have performed ALL basic troubleshooting: removal, uninstalling, rebooting, clearing cache,  unplugging, restarting, etc.  I've been at this ALL day! 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

WE are having the same problem with an HP Officejet Pro 6978. Changed routers to Spectrum several months ago and had problems ever since. The only way to get them to recognize each other is to turn off the printer and then turn it back on. Then is works most of the time. All of the "solutions" from the internet have not worked. I even removed the printer from my Mac and now it won't even find it. Print out from the printer says all the WIFI connections are great .  I'm very frustrated.

HP Recommended

I’m having the same problem except my HP 6978 connects to Wi-Fi but non of our equipment can recognize the printer and on my iMac the software is no longer listed.  iPad, imac, Samsung and Apple phones, non of them can find the printer.  Help!!!

HP Recommended

I get message on laptop "THE PRINTER HAS JOINED THE NETWORK BUT MOST LIKELY WILL NOT WORK OVER THE NETWORK UNTIL IT RECEIVES AN IP ADDRESS."

I'm having to print via USB from laptop. 

I can not recover a wireless connection on computer, Chromebook, or Galaxy phone. I've manually entered the only IP address that I'm aware of. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.