Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Photomsart B209A all in one series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Now trying to set up the printer wireless. I can print Ok if I use the printer cable so no issues there , but no unsure the best way to connect my laptop to the printer wireless . I have tried asking the printer to scan and detect but it times out . I would like to find out if in fact the printer is indeed broadcasting ...how can I test this out please . My IP is N.O.S based in Madeira .... The rest of the house is working fine so no issues with the router etc as it was only all installed a week ago and besides all other equipment connects to the router fine so its either configuration of the printer that is wrong or its not broadcasting correctly   If I look at internet connection on the laptop it does show hpsetup ...Open , but if I click on this to connect it says unable to connect to this network ?  any help appreciated 

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@Quovadis2895 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are unable to connect the printer wirelessly.

Please follow the below steps to connect the printer on the network.

From printer Display: Setup - Network Setup- Wireless settings-Wireless setup wizard- Connect your network. 

Print Configuration page- collect the IP address.

If it's a Windows computer- open printer Assistance - Utilities - Update IP Adress

If you are not able to connect the printer on the network, then try the below steps

Temperoilry connects the printer and computer through USB, open printer Assistance menu, go to Utilities- convert USB to Wireless.

Please refer to the below link to  Wireless Printer Setup.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02282624

Also, refer to the below video to setup wireless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr8hQrTFAX8

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

No luck I am afraid .. Firstly there is no wireless wizard on my screen to use ? I dont believe this model has this facility .I did however print off the Network configuration page . Within that it has printed out a variety of information but in essence the NETWORK NAME SSID  Found  but then shows FAIL |? 

I dont see wireless network setup anywhere on this Acer windows 1o laptop ? I do have have the solutions framework installed but again not sure where this is to launch Regards

HP Recommended

@Quovadis2895

Thank you for the update.

Please follow the below steps and check.

1. From the home screen of your printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon .

2. Touch the Setup icon .

3. Touch Restore Network Defaults or Restore Network Settings, and then touch Yes to confirm your selection.

4. After the default network settings are restored, touch the back arrow, touch Wireless Settings, and then touch Wireless Setup Wizard.

The printer searches for available networks.

5. Touch the name of your wireless network.

6. If your wireless network does not display in the list of wireless networks, touch Enter New Network Name, and then type the name of your wireless network.

note:

Type the exact network name, including any uppercase and lowercase letters.

7. Type the WEP or WPA key (network password), and then touch Done.

If you do not know your network password, go to Find Your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password..

Once the printer connects to the wireless network, the blue Wireless light on the control panel turns on solid.

8. If the printer fails to connect, print a Wireless Network Test Report, and then follow any instructions on the report to troubleshoot wireless connectivity problems. For more information, go to Using a Wireless Network Test Report.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Hello again , Thank you for the support to date : I tried following what you say but when I press the wireless icon the printer Immediately says

NO CONNECTION NO CONNECTION FOUND TOUCH TROUBLESHOOTING FOR INFORMATION 

I did a factory reset and tried again but still had the same message ? 

I also tried WIFI protected setup which although searches it times out 

I am thinking there is an issue with the printer 

Is there anything I can do to check either externally or internally  or replace 

The printers works with no issues using USB 

Can I interrogate the printer from the laptop at all ? 

Kind regards 

HP Recommended

Hi I tried running the print and scan doctor but when it asks do I want to set up a wireless connection it asks me to insert my USB cable , when I do this it shows the icon of my printer and then says please wait whilst we make a USB connection however it never does ...if I click on anything then the cursor just spins and nothing else ..I do get the message a few minutes later that the program is not responding ?  ( But I am able to print and scan through USB ? )  Regards

HP Recommended

@Quovadis2895

Thank you for the update.

Try these steps to re-enable the web-services - 

  

Step 1 Remove the Web-Services - 

1. From the top of the screen, touch or swipe down the tab to open the Dashboard, touch ( HP ePrint ), and then touch (Web Services Settings). 

2. Touch Remove Web Services. 

  

Reboot the devices. 

  

Step 2 Enable the Web-Services - 

1. From the top of the screen, touch or swipe down the tab to open the Dashboard, and then touch ( Setup ). 

2. Touch Web Services Setup . 

3. Touch Accept to accept the Web Services terms of use and enable Web Services. 

4. On the screen that appears, touch OK to allow the printer to automatically check for product updates. 

5. If the Printer Update Options screen is displayed, select one of the options. 

6. When the printer is connected to the server, the printer prints an information page. Follow the instructions on the information page to finish the setup. 

  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

HP Recommended

I am not sure what you mean by remove web services ? is this within the software of the printer or somewhere else \? If you could describe where I find these please . I will attempt what you ask Kind regards Paul 

HP Recommended

@Quovadis2895 

I understand your concerns.

I would suggest you to contact our phone support in this regard. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Good afternoon , I am at the moment in a different country to my own so its not easy to ask for telephone support .If you could give me a little more of your time and patience , I would be able to follow what you need  me to do  please. This way I have a visual method of following what you require, at the same time increase my learning . 

If you could explain what I need to find and floow concerning printer services it really would be appreciated and I can then offer a more honest feedback into the support given 

Kind regards Paul 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.