Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP officejet 4650 all-in-one printer

My wireless printer connecttion has disappeared and will not allow me to re-connect.  It asks for the network security key for this direct-D8-Hp Officejet 4650 but i don't have that information. I printed out the network configuration page anddo not seethe Network security key anywhere on the three printed pages.  can anyone help me reconnect my printer?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@susanvega

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, there's an issue with the connectivity. 

Don't worry, I'm here to help! 

Looks like your printer is connected through the Wi-Fi Direct and that's why you are seeing this option "direct-D8-Hp Officejet 4650". Go to the Wi-Fi settings of your device and select your Wi-Fi network instead of the printer, that should fix the issue but if it does not try these steps -

Step 1 Network Restore -

On the printer's control panel - 
1) Touch the "Wireless icon". 
2) Touch the "Settings" icon. 
3) Select "Restore Network Settings". 
4) Select "Yes". 

Step 2 Reboot the devices -

1) Turn off the Router, Printer, and the computer. 
2) Wait for 60 seconds. 
3) Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize. 
4) Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself. 
5) Turn on the computer.

Step 3 Run Wireless Wizard - 

On the printer's control panel, go to the Network menu or touch the wireless icon and then go to settings. Select Wireless Setup Wizard. 

Let me know how that goes.

To thank us for our efforts to help you, click here to access your public post and Select - "Accept as solution" and click on the  "Thumbs up". 

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.