Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrysonParker
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Z27 goes to sleep when I switch computers

HP Recommended

Just got a crisp new Z27 monitor. I have a work computer (MacBook Air) and personal (MacBook Pro). I'm using the USB-C connector that came with the monitor. I can plug it into a computer and start it up, no problem--display works, ports work, great! But if I unplug the cable from one computer and plug it into the other computer, the display doesn't recognize any video input and goes to sleep. The only solution I've found so far is to pull the display power from the wall for a few seconds and plug it back in. But if that's the only way I can get this to work, I'm going to return the monitor. Has anyone else encountered this? Any other tips for making switching between computers just work?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation