Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

how to print emails in Windows 10

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The only temporary fix is to highlight the email, click copy, open a blank document in Word and paste the email, and then print from Word. Long process, but this email problem with Windows 10 is a real problem that needs to be addressed.

HP Recommended

Hi @marty95959,

Welcome back to the HP Forums!

I understand that you're unable to print emails in Windows 10. I will certainly do my best to assist you.

What is the full name and product number of your printer?
Resetting the your internet browser settings should resolve the issue, unless you're using a local email client.
Which application are you printing from? 

If you're printing from an internet browser. Try printing from another browser, like Internet Explorer,  FireFox or  Google Chrome.

Reset your Internet Explorer browser settings:
  1. Close any Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.
  2. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button. In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.
  3. Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
  4. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
  5. Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, and InPrivate Filtering data.
  6. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
  7. When Internet Explorer finishes restoring the settings, click Close, and then click OK.
  8. Close Internet Explorer.

Reset your Firefox browser settings:
  1. Type about.config in the Address Bar and press Enter. A list of preferences will appear.
  2. Find the preference print.print_printer (Note: this preference is missing in Firefox profiles where you've never used the printer.)
  3. Right-click (context-click) that preference and select Reset. (Some users may need to reset all the print.printer preferences for a particular printer, if resetting this one master preference doesn't solve the problem.)
  4. Restart Firefox and see if the problem is resolved.

Reset your Google Chrome browser settings:
  1. In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu Chrome menu
  2. Select Settings.
  3. At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
  4. Under the section "Reset settings,” click Reset settings.
  5. In the dialog that appears, click Reset.

If the issue persists, please download and run the Print and Scan Doctor, it will likely diagnose and resolve the issue you are experiencing.
What were the results when you ran the Print and Scan Doctor (did it print or scan, any error messages)?

Please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

If you need further assistance, please let me know the following information above. I hope this helps. Please respond if you have any concerns. I hope you have a great day!

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I am also having this problem with my Hp windows 10 computer. What can I do? It wont even copy and paste the email content into word.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.