Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
04-11-2016 04:26 PM - last edited on 03-16-2017 09:42 AM by OscarFuentes
- Close any Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.
- Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button. In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.
- Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
- Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, and InPrivate Filtering data.
- In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
- When Internet Explorer finishes restoring the settings, click Close, and then click OK.
- Close Internet Explorer.
- Type about.config in the Address Bar and press Enter. A list of preferences will appear.
- Find the preference print.print_printer (Note: this preference is missing in Firefox profiles where you've never used the printer.)
- Right-click (context-click) that preference and select Reset. (Some users may need to reset all the print.printer preferences for a particular printer, if resetting this one master preference doesn't solve the problem.)
- Restart Firefox and see if the problem is resolved.
- In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu Chrome menu
- Select Settings.
- At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
- Under the section "Reset settings,” click Reset settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
12-27-2019 02:05 PM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!
I work on behalf of HP