Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
color Laser jet pro M252dw

Hi, when I send a .jpg file by email to use eprint, it comes out very small.

Are there a set of print-config-commands that I can put in subject of an email and send it to hp eprint service, to config print job settings?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

I registered to the hpsmart.com.

Luckily, my printer supports the 3 options.

opt 1: print in color or mono

opt2: print paper type selection, plain or photo

opt3: print on 1-side or 2-side

Then I tried different options and I found the following results:

A) if I send image pasted inside email body, then it will be printed by its original size

B) if I convert any file to A4 size PDF format and send the file as an attachment, then it will be fitted to printable area of A4 paper.

(I used Microsoft office lens app to conduct the above mentioned trial and errors.)

conclusion:

To get desirable output, it is best to convert any file to a multi-page, A4-size, color/mono, per-configured .PDF file format and send it to be e-printed.

(I've tested by the output PDF file generated by "save as PDF" command on Mac-OS X)

However, I still wish in future, I can pass all print commands inside the email subject field.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

You cannot control many settings with HP ePrint.

Two-Sided is not an option for the HP ePrint service.

Any printed image file attachment will resize to 10 x 15, a picture added into the email content and not as an attachment will keep its original size.

See the 'Can I change print settings for an HP ePrint job?' section below:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03721293

The last 3 options are only available for later printer models, not for the M252 printer.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi,

I registered to the hpsmart.com.

Luckily, my printer supports the 3 options.

opt 1: print in color or mono

opt2: print paper type selection, plain or photo

opt3: print on 1-side or 2-side

Then I tried different options and I found the following results:

A) if I send image pasted inside email body, then it will be printed by its original size

B) if I convert any file to A4 size PDF format and send the file as an attachment, then it will be fitted to printable area of A4 paper.

(I used Microsoft office lens app to conduct the above mentioned trial and errors.)

conclusion:

To get desirable output, it is best to convert any file to a multi-page, A4-size, color/mono, per-configured .PDF file format and send it to be e-printed.

(I've tested by the output PDF file generated by "save as PDF" command on Mac-OS X)

However, I still wish in future, I can pass all print commands inside the email subject field.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.