Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I have an office jet 8024 which was working perfectly. I recently upgraded my router and renamed the SSID as before but now my printer will not airprint and does not connect to web services. Tried everything including partial and semi wipe. No luck at all. It connects to the wifi with no problem at all. 

Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended
Hello,

As a first step, please update the printer firmware via the following HP link: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/ojp8020_8030/OJ8020-8030_2008C.dmg.

If the issue continues, please proceed to the next steps.

Please restart the printer, computer, and router for solve this problem.
  1. Turn the printer off, and then wait 10 seconds.
  2. Disconnect the printer power cord from the printer.
  3. Turn off the computer or the device you are trying to print from.
  4. Connect the printer power cord to the printer, and then turn on the printer.
  5. Disconnect the power cord from your wireless router, and then wait 30 seconds.
  6. Reconnect the power cord to the router.
     NOTE: 
    Wait until internet service is restored. Internet service is interrupted while the router is off.
  7. Wait at least 3 minutes, then turn on the computer.
  8. Try to enable the printers Web Services again.

If the problem continues, please assign a fixed IP address to the printer as follows:

1. In the printer control panel screen, touch the Wireless icon () to retrieve the printer IP address.
    2. Launch a web page, and then type this address in the address bar and Enter. The printer Web interface opens.
    3. Click the Network tab, then under Wireless (802.11), click Network Address (IPv4).
    4. Check the Manual IP option, and then press the button to Suggest a Manual IP Address.
    5. Once the first 3 fields are filled in, check the Manual DNS Server.
    6. Enter the address 8.8.8.8 as Manual Preferred DNS Server.
    7. Enter the address 8.8.4.4 as Manual Alternate DNS Server.
    8. Click on Apply and OK.
    9. Try to enable the printers Web Services again.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

see below

HP Recommended

Should have responded here.

Unfortunately that didnt work at all

1. Tried the reboots in that order - nothing

2. Manual IP - now no communication between browser and printer

3. the firmware was not recognised.

Any other ideas? This is so frustrating.

Thanks again

HP Recommended

@adam995 

Thanks for your return,

The behavior of the browser is normal, because the printer has to change its IP address.

Proceed as follows to update the printer firmware:

1. In the printer control panel screen, touch the Wireless icon () to retrieve the printer IP address.
    2. Launch a web page, and then type this address in the address bar and Enter. The printer Web interface opens.
    3. Click the Tools tab, then under Printer Updates, click Firmware Updates.
    4. Click the Check now button to install the latest version of the printer firmware.

Proceed as follows, to turn on the printer's Web Services:

3. Click the Web Services tab, then Setup, click Continue.
  4. Check all the boxes and then click Next. The printer's Web Services will be turned on, and once they are enabled, the printer will print a page.

In case of need, do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

the firmware is up to date and your solution makes no difference ( i have tried that already!)

the web services show up on the computer as follows:

Web Services Status Enabled Internet connection Connected Printer connection to HP Connected Connected

For advanced settings, visit the HP Connected Web site.

Web Services Settings
HP ePrint
On

Print Apps
On

HP Instant Ink
Enabled

The problem is that the printer when I try and connect printer to update HP instant ink status I just get the message

The printer could not connect to Web Services. The server might be busy or temporarily unavailable. Try again later

This has happened since updating our router.

When I printed out the wireless network test results, the message at the top 

More than once access point/wireless router has been found that matches your wireless network name (ssid). If this is not intended, your HP printer may connect to the wrong wireless network. To avoid this, change your wireless network name (SSID) to be unique.

We have a BT hub as a router. At the moment, the air print rarely picks up too. So a 5 month old printer is as good as rubbish.

Any other suggestions?

You have been very kind so far.

Thanks

HP Recommended
Thanks for your return,

Reset the printer to clear memory.
  1. Remove the ink cartridges from the printer and set them aside.
  2. Unplug the printer.
  3. Wait 30 seconds.
  4. Plug the printer back in.
  5. Use the Power button to turn on the printer, if it does not turn on automatically.
  6. Reinstall the ink cartridges.
Try again to refresh your printer on your account page.
Click the blue refresh button, and then click the web browser reload button to reload the web page. Do this up to five times, until the green check appears.

Source "My printer is enrolled in Instant Ink" section: https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c06308185.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

Cheers,:Wink:

HP Recommended

perhaps the weirdest suggestion so far. 

Made absolutely no difference

HP Recommended

I have now done a factory reset and nothing is working at all.

Printer cannot connect to insta print so cannot do anything at all now

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.