Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4650
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to reconnect my printer with instant ink, but it keeps saying "DNS/GATEWAY PROBLEM". Most of the helpful videos require me to print, and I have no black ink at all.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@bwilkus91, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I'd recommend you follow the steps from the document HP Printers - Cannot Connect to Web Services to isolate and resolve the issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have already done all these things 10 times. I cannot go any further because, as I said, I have no ink. I cannot print out the network configuration page to get the information I need. Is there a way to do that without printing? Or to print with color ink? I have a tiny bit of color and absolutely no black ink.

HP Recommended

@bwilkus91

Thanks for replying!

For printers with control panel displays, you can still get the printer claim code by pressing the HP ePrint icon on the control panel display and selecting Set Up or Yes to enable Web Services. Your printer attempts to print a page. If Web Services are already enabled on your printer, you see a Web Services Summary screen after pressing the HP ePrint icon. If enabled, press Print or Print Info to print the Printer Info Page. Even though you cannot print the page, the action of enabling Web Services or pressing Print or Print Info activates your claim code. Find your HP ePrint email address on the control panel display. Press the ePrint icon again if the Web Services Summary screen goes away. The first part of the HP ePrint address preceding "@hpeprint.com" is your claim code. For example, if your HP ePrint email is "abc@hpeprint.com", then "abc" is your claim code.

Refer to the document HP Printers - Having Trouble Claiming Your Printer? for help.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.