Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP officejet 4630 e-all-in-one

I recently got a new router. My printer is now offline.  In trying to fix it I think I need to put the router password in, but the password has a % sign in it and I don't see one.   I also need to backspace because of mistakes and don't see a backspace key. I hope someone can help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please refer video below on how to setup the printer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh4aZUyPP3Q

Special characters that you are looking for can be found when pressing the key with the @ symbol on it. When you first press that symbol when entering the password you will see on your front panel a row of characters with the last box having “….”. When you press the key it will cycle through the characters that you see then move onto another line with another row of characters. Both the ? and the / can be found using that key.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please refer video below on how to setup the printer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh4aZUyPP3Q

Special characters that you are looking for can be found when pressing the key with the @ symbol on it. When you first press that symbol when entering the password you will see on your front panel a row of characters with the last box having “….”. When you press the key it will cycle through the characters that you see then move onto another line with another row of characters. Both the ? and the / can be found using that key.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I checked my printer and did find the % sign, but I never could find a backspace key.  I need it because if I dont press the key correctly when going thru the line of symbols, it will show the wrong sign. I really appreciate your help and will keep trying to press them correctly.

Thanks Again!

HP Recommended

It worked!!!  Thank you ! Thank you!

HP Recommended

When i try to setup my HP 5055 with wireless, i am missing "!" charecter to enter one of my wireless password key, do you know where it is, cause it is not under special charecter list. I do not want to change my whole Wi-Fi password for that. I ti s a shame if they did not put that in there.

HP Recommended

Never mind, i found it, it is on the second row when you are ready to enter :clap:

HP Recommended

I can not find the + sign on the keypad to set up my new wifi password

HP Recommended

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.