Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi, I bought a HP 4155 Deskjet Plus and every time I send an email to the printer's email address, I got this email reply: 

Thank you for using HP's ePrint service. Your print job has been received and prepared for printing.

If the job does not print, make sure:
1. The printer's email address was entered correctly
2. The printer is online
3. You have permission to use the printer
4. Total size of all attachments does not exceed 10MB
5. Total of 10 attachments or less

Please note that a print job might be delayed by slow email delivery or a slow Internet connection.

For additional ePrint troubleshooting information, see this support page: www.hp.com/go/eprinthelp

HP Smart account owners can turn off ePrint job status emails at www.hpsmart.com. NOTE: HP Smart is not available in all regions. Sign into your account at www.hpsmart.com, select the “Change Settings” button for your printer on the “My Printers” page, enable the “Allowed” option in ePrint Access, and remove the checkmark from “Get notified when an ePrint is sent” option. NOTE: This option is not available in regions where HP Smart is not available.

But nothing prints out of the printer.  And when I log in to HP connected, the page count doesn't increase either.

I called HP support and the agent tried sending email to my printer's email address too.  She got the same email, but nothing was printed and the page count didn't increase either.

We spent more than 1.5 hours on the phone to troubleshoot, and we did a full reset the printer from the Embedded Web Services (twice), we turned off and turned on the HP Connected services (twice), we did the WiFi reset, and we even did the hard reset twice (holding down buttons and unplugging / replugging the printer).

I also tried changing the email address of the printer from the HP Connected web site and explicitly adding allowed email addresses.  Still, every time I try to print, I get the above email reply but nothing is actually printed.

She checked with her mentor and there were no ideas, so she opened a ticket for the HP back end engineers to look at it.  There was no reply from them for over a month, so the next support rep replaced the 4155 DeskJet Plus with a 4152 Deskjet Plus.  I have the exact same problem with the replacement printer 😞

Any ideas how to get ePrint to work?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I should also mention, with the new HP Deskjet Plus 4152, the original firmware version was TOP1FN2129DR (Built Date 2021-07-13).  There are no updates when I repeatedly checked for updates manually using the Embedded Web Services, even though the printer is correctly connected to Wi-Fi.

I manually downloaded DJP4100_DJ4100_2208H_2208I_2208J_from_V1.8.exe and updated the firmware version to TOP1FN2208JR (Built Date 2022-02-18).  The problem persists.

HP Recommended

Any ideas would be appreciated!

HP Recommended

Hi @4100EPrintProb,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with e-print. I'd like to help!

Please follow the document here and see how it goes. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @4100EPrintProb,

Hope I was able to fix the issue. If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us. 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers and did reply to you!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @4100EPrintProb,

As we did not hear from you, I'll be closing this case for now. If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us. 

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @Elohi_NR, thanks for the link. Unfortunately, it does not resolve the issue. 1i - Web services is on, but the printer has an orange led above the i icon, ii & iii - email format is ok, since both the support agent and me tried with just text, iv - temporarily tried explicitly adding the email address, but it still doesn't work. 2 - connection is ok since it shows on hpinstantink.com that the printer is online.

HP Recommended

Hi @Elohi_NR, do you have any more ideas on how to solve this please?

HP Recommended

Hi @Elohi_NR, do you have any more ideas on how to solve the problem please?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.