Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 7740
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've started using the HP ePrint service and so far I quite like it. I would however like to turn off the email notifications I receive each time. The footer of the notification from donotreply@hpeprint.com says:

"HP Smart account owners can turn off ePrint job status emails at www.hpsmart.com. NOTE: HP Smart is not available in all regions. Sign into your account at www.hpsmart.com, select the “Change Settings” button for your printer on the “My Printers” page, enable the “Allowed” option in ePrint Access, and remove the checkmark from “Get notified when an ePrint is sent” option. NOTE: This option is not available in regions where HP Smart is not available."

But the message is simply wrong. When I signin to hpsmart.com I see my printer, but there is only a link to 'Support Docs' and 'Remove Printer'. I cannot see a 'Change Settings' button anywhere on the page.

Does anyone know how this can be done? I'm in the UK and assume that the service is available here as it prints, I just cant get to any settings.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Bootz47 

It is true that HP Smart account might lack the feature you describe.

That being the case, there is no "fix".. What?  There are apparently differences based on printer model.

The printer I have does not show any way to dispense (forget / ignore / stop) with the notification, either.

What to do?

Suggestion - Ignore if you dislike the idea:

Set the notification to Spam in your mail service.

Use a filter to only spam what you want sent to spam.

Some mailers (mail service) are smarter about this than others.

In so much that I am aware, this is a reversible process - in other words, if you mess up your settings, you can "unspam" mail that is not intended to be sent the the spam / junk folder.

What if?

Know that the notifications you are receiving at the only way to receive job status.

The email notifications also serve as your history of the job.

Still hate it?  Spam it.

Want another way to protect / save your job?

CC yourself (or another account) when you send to the "somename"@hpeprint.com address.

References

Website Support Troubleshooting, How-to, Video Tutorials

HP Smart / HP Connected Login

Click Flag to switch to your region

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format All-in-One Printer series 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.