Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I just bought a new HP Officejet 6978.  I'm trying to print via email as well and I also can't get it to print attachments.  I got it to print a plain text email and also the subject and text body of an email with a WordPad text only document.  The email portion printed but the attachment didn't.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Greetings @freeboro

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you need assistance in printing attachments on your mobile device. Happy to help. 

Does the printer work fine when you print from your computer?

May I know which application are you using to print?

What is the format of the attachment?

Which mobile device are you using?

May I know how the printer is setup and the method you are using to print?

When you print any email, only the content of the email will be printed. 

For you to print the attachment, you need to open the attachment and then print the attachment separately. 

Click here for your printer manual. 

For mobile printing options, refer to this HP Article

Let me know if the helped. For further assistance, please provide the requested information. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

When you want to print an attachment, be sure to leave the body of the email blank!

I've seen even a signature at the bottom mess up a print order...

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

Ok, I'll give that a try.  Thank you!

HP Recommended

@Printerinfo67

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP printer and it does not print attachments. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

To assist you better, I would like to know the following information:

• Please let me know the exact printer model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • Does the printer print documents from other applications and is able to make photocopies?
  • What operating system you're using?

Please feel free to keep me posted. I'll watch out for your reply.

Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

I got the same problem. Set up printer and account and sent email with .doc attachment but HP Officejet Pro8600 Plus won't eprint attachments only the email content.

You said:

"When you print any email, only the content of the email will be printed. 

For you to print the attachment, you need to open the attachment and then print the attachment separately. "

How do I open the attachment on the printer menu?

Very disappointed with service so far.

No support solutions seem to exist on the forum!

HP Recommended

I don't know if this is considered mobile. I took the pictures with my phone, but sent them to my computer. They showed up as an attachment. I opened  up the attachment and clicked on the word attachment highlighted in yellow and up came a frame with the picture and allowing me to change the size of the picture. At the bottom is a button that reads print. When I pressed on that in the past the attached picture was printed until it stopped for some unknown reason.

HP Recommended

Just convert the file into pdf and then it will print as I did. Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.