Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I can't figure out how to edit address book entries on my printer.  Can someone provide some tips?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

One of the easier ways to do this is through the EWS, or embedded web server. Find the IP address of your printer by pushing the wireless icon on its display, and put that ip in to a web browser ad if it was a web site. After that if you go to scan to email along the right, or you may have to go to scan along the top first, you should see address book on the left column. This is going by memory so if that doesnt work let me know and i confirm on an actual unit.

Jon-W
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the KUDOS STAR on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Thanks Jon, that worked great, you can do everything via the local IP Address and any browser. I love this printer 🙂
HP Recommended

What if you are not using the devise wirelessly and you are connected via ethernet.  It won't let you select the wireless icon, or I assume edit the address book?  Thanks for any help.

HP Recommended

Had the same question and stumbled across your instructions, John - worked like a charm. Thanks so much!

HP Recommended

Our HP Officejet Pro 8630 is wired into a network. After rebooting our router, I tried to scan a document to an email address in our address book and the message read "user name or password is incorrect.  Make sure both user account and password are valid." This same message appears when I try to email any of the addresses in our address book.  How do I fix this so we can scan to email again. I have to reboot our router on a monthly basis.

Second problem: How do I remove an email address from the address book?

HP Recommended

Our HP Officejet Pro 8630 is wired into a network. After rebooting our router, I tried to scan a document to an email address in our address book and the message read "user name or password is incorrect.  Make sure both user account and password are valid." This same message appears when I try to email any of the addresses in our address book.  How do I fix this so we can scan to email again. I have to reboot our router on a monthly basis.

Second problem: How do I remove an email address from the address book?

HP Recommended

sorry did not work

HP Recommended

Hi, Do tell us more? Did anyone put a security setting onto your printer's EWS? Thanks.

I work for HP. My posts represent my suggestions/opinions and not HP.
Please give me a + or Kudos if you found my posts helpful. Thank you 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi. Thnak you for your tip. It doesn`t work though, I have to introduce a password and username that I don`t have!! Do you think the problem might be because i don`t have admin access? Tying to remove emaill addresses from past employees... 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.