Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet M1536dnf MFP
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, i have 4 x HP LaserJet M1536dnf MFP printers on 3 different networks.

About a week ago the email to print function on all of them stopped working in that the the printers are not printing the emails.  I know my emails are reaching the eprint service because i get email return receipts confirming this, but the email or attachments do not print. The printers also show online when viewing "my printers" on the hpsmart.com site.

I've also noticed that I cannot print the HP Web Services info sheet.  When i try, It says "downloading from the web" for a few seconds then reverts back to the default info screen without printing anything.  Neither can i print the info sheet when accessing the printer through a browser on the local network.

Does anyone know what could cause this suddenly. I've been using the service for years without  any issues until now? 

Many Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same experience with an HP Envy 5546, which was ok until a week ago.

I have reset everything and even changed my router. No joy.

Also, am I correct that there is no way to see your ePrint queue on line?

From the EWS I am able to print some reports (proving I am connected) but not the Web Services Settings Info, which fails to format or compile.

I am concluding this is an HP server issue, and I hope if it is they will fix it.

HP Recommended

We have the identical problem and have tried all the remedies/troubleshooting tips without success ... it seems to be an error on the HP side. Please HP resolve asap!!!!

HP Recommended

I just setup a new OfficeJet Pro 9010 printer, and am having the same issue.  The printer found and installed an update during the setup process.  It is online, and I can print wirelessly from any of our devices.  But when I send an email (with or without an attachment) to the printer's email address, I receive the ePrint confirmation email that the job was received, but nothing ever prints.

I seem to recall that in the old HP Connected ePrint site, you could see documents in your print queue, but not now.  That's not a big deal, but I do want to be able to print by sending docs to the printer's email address.

_____
Former HP Expert (Palm/webOS)
HP Recommended

More than two weeks since this thread began, and no reply from an HP agent or Expert?  That be sad...

_____
Former HP Expert (Palm/webOS)
HP Recommended

Hello HP, are the there any agents that could look into this please?

HP Recommended

@Brady7

Welcome to the HP support community.

Turn on the web services to fix this issue

Follow the steps mentioned in this HP document:- Click here

Let me know if that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Sandytechy20, thanks for your assistance, but as explained in the beginning of the thread, the problem is that the printers are not printing the emails that are sent to them.

Web services are already turned on.

HP Recommended

@Brady7

Try the steps mentioned in this HP document to fix the issue:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@

Thank you.

I have done all the steps and it hasn't helped.

I can confirm that the printersa are working fine on the network. I print test pages from a computer on the same local network. Webservices are enabled. My documents are within the allowed parameters, No issues on my local network. My printers are not on the discontinued support list.

I still cannot get emailed print outs.

In the process i updated the firmware of 1 of my printers, now i cannot enable web services on that printer. Web services were enabled before the update, but now when i try to enable them after the update i get the following error:  Connection error Check connection. 

So i have a printer that has webservices enabled (older firmware) that wont print emails and i also have a printer that wont connect to the hp server to enable the webservice (latest firmware).

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.