Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5530
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Actually using Mac 10.15.5, nighthawk RAX200 router. I think the reason why I can't get the 5530 to connect to my network is because the router is using the n protocol (fast as possible) instead of the older g. My security options are using WPA2-personal[AES] + WPA3 personal. I have tried the other security options on my router to enable my printer to connect to the router. 

My ugly solution has been to set up an old router and enable the printer to connect to that router. When I want to print something, I switch networks. PITA but it works and it's cheap. I have gone threw the numerous connect the printer to your network - enter the passphrase, Stand on one foot and did not succeed to get the printer to connect. The nighthawk router has 2.4 ghz signals and I have been able to get the printer to connect to that, but the Mac does not connect to the printer. Anyone got any bright ideas? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Solution: 

1) I set my nighthawk wireless security options to WPA2-PSK[AES].

2) configured printer to select my wireless network and entered password

3) Printer connected to network

4) Mac could see printer was available. 

FINALLY!!!! 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Solution: 

1) I set my nighthawk wireless security options to WPA2-PSK[AES].

2) configured printer to select my wireless network and entered password

3) Printer connected to network

4) Mac could see printer was available. 

FINALLY!!!! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.