Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp officejet printer 9018

I am able to print via cloud printing just fine, so my printer has a WiFi connection verified. When I go to Apps > Drive , I either get a message "Error - There was an internal processing error. Please retry or manually check the firmware updates" OR if I get by that step I get a message "Connection Problem - To use this feature, the printer must  be connected to the network and Internet..."

The printer is connected to the internet as verified by printing to it. 

I power cycled everything, no difference.

The firmware updates are current.

I removed and reconnected my Google account.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@cvdad

Welcome to HP support community.

Turn on Web Services directly from your printer touchscreen

1. Make sure the printer is connected to a wired (Ethernet) or wireless network with an active Internet connection.

NOTE: 

If you connect your printer to a computer with a USB cable, web-connected printing services do not work.

• If your printer is connected with a wired (Ethernet) connection, check the cable and the lights on the printer’s Ethernet  port. The green link light should be steady, and the orange activity light should blink when the cable is connected.

• If your printer is connected with a wireless connection, make sure the wireless feature is on and the printer is connected to the same network as your computer.

Some printers have a wireless icon  and a blue light on the front of the printer. If the printer has a blue light, and the light is on and not blinking, your printer is connected to a wireless network.

2. On your control panel, press the HP ePrint icon or button.

If your control panel does not have an HP ePrint icon or button, navigate to Web Services Setup, Network Setup, or Wireless Settings to open the Web Services menu.

• If a Web Services Summary screen or connected status displays, Web Services is already on.

Example of Web Services Summary screen

• If a prompt to turn on Web Services or setup HP ePrint displays, press Turn On, Enable, or Setup.

Example of clicking Setup to turn on Web Services.

3. Follow the on-screen instructions to turn on Web Services. If you are prompted to update the firmware, press OK.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Sandytechy20 - I confirmed that wireless is on (continuous blue light) and that Web Services is on.  The problem appears to be in the Google Drive connection itself, intermittently getting to different steps in the connection process but not completing.

IMG_20200124_041707.jpg

HP Recommended

@cvdad

This might require one on one interaction to fix the issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks Sandytechy20 - I did not have a chance to follow the escalation instructions that you recently provided. However, I tried again to scan and everything is now working. There appears to be a recurring problem with Google Drive system availability on HP printers. Perhaps someone on your partnerships team or integrations team can comment on this observation? I like the printer/scanner, but when the basic connectors don't work, it does not leave me with much confidence.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.