Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Android 9.0 Pie

I have two HP Printers on my home network,

one is a HP Envy 5530, which is wifi enabled.

the other is an older HP P2035 laserjet that is connected to my router via a Jet Direct 170X.

I can print to either of these through my home wifi from several different wireless devices.

I recently got a new phone, a Nokia X100, I have installed the hp print service plugin on this phone,

and it finds the Envy 5530, but not the JetDirect/P2035.

I have tried to manually install it via it's IP address, but the hp print service plugin just wont go there.

Anyone have suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@stagekraft wrote:

I have two HP Printers on my home network,

one is a HP Envy 5530, which is wifi enabled.

the other is an older HP P2035 laserjet that is fabrics connected to my router via a Jet Direct 170X.

I can print to either of these through my home wifi from several different wireless devices.

I recently got a new phone, a Nokia X100, I have installed the hp print service plugin on this phone,

and it finds the Envy 5530, but not the JetDirect/P2035.

I have tried to manually install it via it's IP address, but the hp print service plugin just wont go there.

Anyone have suggestions?

Hello is your Nokia x100 having up to date software installed and also check it via the cable also.

HP Recommended

The P2035 is too old printer model to support mobile printing.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

So, is there a difference between "remote printing", and "wifi printing"?

I can print to this P2035/Jet Direct 170X combo via our wifi connected laptop (had to manually add the printer by IP).

And my two sons cant print to it from their I phones...

So, is this an issue with the hp print service plugin?

Do I need some other "wifi print service"?

HP Recommended

Sorry, not "remote printing", but as you say, "mobile printing"....

HP Recommended

And Sorry again... My two sons CAN print (not CANT print) from their I phones

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.