Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
iOS

My 13ProMax iPhone iOS 16.1.1 suddenly asks for a password when I wanted to print! My HP printer is fairly old model. HP ENVY 4500 

in the past I have had no issues printing directly from my iPhone. Suddenly it is asking for a password for the first time since yesterday. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Donna174,

Welcome to HP Support Community. 

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP ENVY 4500 all-in one printer wherein it keeps asking for password.

Please follow the steps listed below to uninstall and reinstall HP smart App:

Step 1: Uninstall HP Smart App.

1. Navigate to and open Settings

2. Select Apps or Application Manager from the device Settings

3. Select HP Smart

4. Select Uninstall

Step 2: Reinstall HP Smart App.

1. Download the HP Smart app from 123.hp.com (Android, Apple iOS, iPad OS), 

2. Open the HP Smart app.

3. The app searches for recently installed printers.

- If your printer displays, click it. If you are setting up a new printer, it might display with Set-Up under the name.

- If your printer does not display, click the Plus sign, and then follow the on-screen prompts to add your printer or set up a new printer.

You may also refer to this HP document: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/ish_1716406-1413451-16 

Let me know if this helps and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.